Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Low Orbit Story



Wow, it's really nice to be included in such a talented group of artists! So my buddy Cheeks tells me I need to come up wih a story for my 10 pages of the Low Orbit book--initally I thought it was pretty easy to do, but writing up a really cool story does take more work than I initailly thought.

I've come up with two concepts--one Called "Oni" about Ninjas and lots of Chop socky action and the other is called "Riot GRRL" which is a techno Blade Runner like Thriller. I'm still on the fence about both--though I do think a futuristic book would visually be a lot of fun to do.....

Anyhoo here's some inital sketches!

Holla!-JONBOY

13 Comments:

Blogger Outlaw Territory said...

Both look great! You might want to consider doing one for volume one and the second for volume two.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Jonboy Meyers said...

Hmmm yeah but which one do I do now.....GAHHHH! I'm soooo torn!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Long time lurker, first time post.

I like the sound of both of these concepts. For my personal taste Riot Grrl sounds most interesting, but what does one man's taste mean, it's up to you Jonboy!

When is the Low Orbit book due out? Is each artist strictly doing 10 pages? Can't wait!

-Tom
http://traversart.blogspot.com/
www.bontebokdesign.com

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sean Galloway said...

this is tight, Jonboy!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Outlaw Territory said...

Hey Tom,

We're looking at a November release. The book will feature stories between six and ten pages each.

It looks amazing so far. I can't wait for this book to come out.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jonboy Meyers said...

Yeah I think Riot GRRL is dah Winnna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Outlaw Territory said...

Kewl! DOIT!!!!!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Q45 said...

sweet stuff jon...im love'n the characters

2:44 PM  
Blogger bouss said...

wow! really amazing stuff!!

joe mad powa? ^^

5:57 AM  
Blogger Jonboy Meyers said...

OH hey when's the deadline on pages and what not??? GAHHH!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jeff Himself said...

great design on these, awesome looking stuff, you've got some chops kid!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Andrew Cramer said...

Waaaah! That dude with the Oar Sword looks killer!! Sweet work everyone.

2:21 AM  
Blogger COMIKXGUY said...

i had to post here too jonny!

good job!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home